Let’s start with an AWESOME quote we found on our buddy Chris Kresser’s website:
“In all ages salt has been invested with a significance far exceeding that inherent in its natural properties…Homer calls it a divine substance. Plato describes it as especially near to the gods, and we shall presently note the importance attached to it in religious ceremonies, covenants and magical charms. That this should have been so in all parts of the world and in all times shows that we are dealing with a general human tendency and not with any local custom circumstance or notion.”
- Ernest Jones, 1912
Salt definitely has a history to it as well…
As far back as 6000 BC, it’s been a huge part in building and maintaining civilizations across the globe.
Used within Egyptian religious offerings and even for trading, over the centuries, it’s served a vital role in many aspects. So it definitely deserves some respect here. It’s been around for such a long time, so why is it bad all of the sudden?
What’s up with all the salt attacks?
It’s getting worse, and it’s as if people are still not understanding that salt (high quality salt) can actually be really good for the body if gone about correctly.
Over the years, our friend Mr. Salt has gotten a bad reputation, and we REALLY want to ‘debunk’ the many rumors and myths that surround its use.
Poor little guy, all he wants is a little love
What’s awesome is that new information is starting to suggest that salt, if gone about correctly, can actually be good for one’s overall health. And this kind of goes against most of what we’ve been taught for quite some time now.
Let’s begin with the quality issue.
Not all is created equal
Yup, that’s right, NOT all salt is created equal my friends, as there’s a big difference between that conventional white junk on the grocery store shelves, and that awesome pink Himalayan stuff that health junkies (like us) are all about
The problem with most mainstream/conventional choices is that they’re all EXTREMELY processed!
White salt (for the most part) is dead, and is often just referred to as sodium chloride. It’s highly refined, extremely altered, and certainly lacks what our bodies require from the real good quality natural salt.
Ok, some of these “health concerns” may be true to some extent, but not to the degree that we have been led to believe.
To us, such health problems arise when a person decides NOT to care for the quality of his or her diet. It’s not really about how much salt they’re eating, but rather WHAT types of junk food this crap is being used with.
70% of one’s salt intake is derived from processed food, so it’s no wonder why millions of people are having so many jacked up health problems these days.
And to be perfectly honest with you, most people can meet their salt requirements by eating high quality meats and by optimizing the hell out of their diets. But you see, most people are eating low quality meats, and AREN’T assessing their diets correctly anyways.
Society is quick to demonize something when a few studies cause s#!t to hit the fan.
On top of that, Big Pharma banks out HUGE on things like high blood pressure medications, so they’re obviously going to need some type of scapegoat.
There are SO many factors to assess here, and that’s what’s so confusing. Especially when large amounts of money are involved.
Let’s take a look at some facts…
- Salt is a major player within blood plasma, extracellular fluid, and lymphatic fluid. All are equally important for many reasons, and all have they’re part in maintaing an optimal level of health.
- Pure/unrefined naturally occurring salt can help in regulating one’s blood pressure, not negatively affecting it like we have been led into believing.
- Salt is vital for nerves to function correctly – big connections to brain activity as well. Our brains really need salt to perform well.
- Salt is responsible for nutrient transportation within our cells.
- Most conventional table salt is HIGHLY processed.
- Table salt is around 97% sodium chloride. Also known as the chemical compound NaCl.
- If using conventional salt, your body will use loads of water to neutralize/balance out your fluids. By eating low-grade selections (like most are doing today), one’s hydration can be impacted negatively. Bad hydration = bad body.
- One of the best selections on the planet to use is Himalayan salt, a very pure and mineral-dense product.
- REAL and PURE salt (like Himalayan) can aid one in more efficient digestion as some studies have suggested.
Cool stuff, right?
So what happens if a person decides to cut his or her intake heavily?
Is that really what we’re supposed to be doing?
Low Sodium Diets Effects
- A person can experience loss of appetite if caught up in a type of ‘low sodium’ diet plan. This can also affect one’s metabolic function, which can actually lead to weight gain, not weight loss.
- Low sodium diets can influence depression and can also cause severe brain fog. Remember, the brain and nerves need salt to conduct their functions properly. It’s a giant system that always needs to be in check.
- Diets low in salt have been proven to influence extreme fatigue and exhaustion.
- Limited salt consumption can lead to severe mineral imbalances.
- Low salt diets can affect bone health.
- A diet low in natural salt can hinder heart health.
Kind of crazy, right?
Why is it that most people are unaware of these facts?
What’s even crazier is that the media, and even many doctors, are promoting all of these fake a$$ “salt substitutes” that to be honest, are extra toxic.
There’s nothing cool about fake food, and this definitely applies to our current “salt scares.”
Just last week we saw a product called “No Salt,” some type of processed garbage that one of our client’s doctor told her to eat because her “blood pressure” was a bit too high.
And to note, her doctor didn’t even feel the need to address the fact that most of the food she’s eating in general is processed garbage. His only tactic was having her take this horrible, and very fake substitute.
What do you think will have a better effect on the body?
Some junk created in a lab by some mad scientist, or something natural from the earth (like Himalayan salt)?
Need we say more?
So why Himalayan salt?
Well, for starters theres about 84 vital minerals found in Himalayan salt, so it’s packed with goodeis! And this stuff was made days ago! Like 250 million years ago during a period when pure environments were the norm.
No coal pollution, no manmade environmental unsteadiness, and absolutely no people around to jack things up. Himalayan salt is like a type of fossil that’s now here for the taking.
Think of it as untouched purity that’s readily available to help bring us back to true health.
A real gift from nature if you ask us
Click here for a list of these minerals if you want to check these out.
Such minerals can have some real positive effects as well:
- Blood sugar regulation – diabetes prevention.
- Cellular health
- Circadian rhythm health
- Libido boost
- Promotes stable pH balance
- Vascular health
- Blood pressure regulation – Hmmm, imagine that.
- Disease prevention
- Metabolic efficiency
And so much more!
Himalayan Pink Salt is most definitely the purest in nature! And when it comes to mineral density, nothing else can compete. This stuff is loaded with greatness.
So get on the REAL salt hustle today, and ditch that processed crap in your kitchen pantry.
The bottom line!
Salt is essential for a healthy life – period!
It’s been around for ever, and it needn’t be demonized anymore.
People are hatin’ on it because we’re all being told to hate on it. The media is pressing the issue heavily as well, but we really don’t need to be so receptive to such influential advertising.
There is nothing cool about fake food, and salt (for the most part) seems to be falling into this category nowadays.
It’s pretty crazy to think how, once again, we have been misled on such an important aspect of health and wellness. If you’re really trying to get in tip top shape and feel your absolute best, swapping your ‘crap salt’ for a more pure selection is a great first step.
This also means that you need to start avoiding these fake, and very dangerous, salt substitutes. The human body doens’t like chemicals, it likes REAL food.
Our fears and doubts concerning salt must be revisited, revised, and reformed if we (as a society) are to live better and healthier lives. And it starts right now!
So your goal today is to toss that processed white junk into the trash and look into buying some Himalayan pink salt. We also want you to share this post with anybody you know that also may be confused on the issue. Together we can definitely make a difference
Also, make sure to grab your free copy of our eBook “Supermarket Domination” if you haven’t already. It deals with very similar issues like we’ve discussed in this article.
See you soon with more.
- Chris and Joey